- 3 cups refrigerated or frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely chopped extra-lean ham
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Lightly spray 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Layer potatoes, ham, cheese, and green onions in prepared dish.
Gradually whisk evaporated milk into flour in medium bowl. Stir in egg substitute and pepper; pour over potato mixture. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake, uncovered, 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.Copyright Diabetic Cooking.
Yield: 6 servings.
Serving size: 1 piece (1/6 of total recipe).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 223 calories, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 21 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 19 mg, Sodium: 748 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Meat, 1/2 Milk.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.