Spices are a great tool to support and nourish our digestion. Cumin, coriander and fennel (CCF) are incredibly safe spices for all body types. In Ayurveda, we refer to them as Tridoshic. CCF seeds reduce stomach acidity, intestinal gas, and abdominal distention, kindles gastric fire and digestion and improves overall metabolism. Brewing tea with only CCF is an excellent choice by itself. However, the addition of rose petals elevates it to a whole new level and adds an element of love and sweetness to the drink.
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon whole coriander seed*
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rose petals
1. Place all the ingredients in an 8- to 10-ounce cup.
2. Heat water on the stovetop and pour over the spices.
3. Steep spices and rose petals for about 5 minutes.
4. Sip while it is warm. You may strain out the spices if you prefer but this is not required.
*Coriander seeds have a mild diuretic effect on the body, so avoid drinking this tea at bedtime. This is best enjoyed during the day before a meal, with a meal or after a meal because it stimulates overall digestion.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Recipe developed by Sapna Punjabi-Gupta.