- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup grated peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth or water
- 2 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
Place onion, celery, sweet potato, broth, and bacon in slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Increase heat to HIGH. Stir in half-and-half. Add water, if needed, to reach desired consistency. Cook, uncovered, 30 minutes on HIGH or until heated through.
Season to taste with pepper. Stir in parsley.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 1/2 cups stew.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 112 calories, Carbohydrates: 18 g, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 13 mg, Sodium: 280 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.