- 1 1/2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans with liquid
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet corn with liquid
- 1 small can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
In a slow cooker or Crock-Pot, add all ingredients except cilantro, combine well, and turn on high setting for two hours. Reduce to low setting and cook for additional 5 hours, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish each serving with 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional). Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 cups.
Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 174 calories, Carbohydrates: 16 g, Protein: 24 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Sodium: 79 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 very lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 1 1/2.