- 1 cup dry medium egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Mix for 1 pot of soup
- 1 package Holiday Turkey Noodle Soup Mix
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups (approximately 9 ounces) cooked, diced turkey breast (cooked chicken breast may be substituted)
Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Store in an airtight container.
Instructions to write on gift tag:
Holiday Turkey Noodle Soup
In a large pan, combine 1 package Soup Mix, celery, carrot, and water; stir to mix. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to medium heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Discard the bay leaf. Stir in turkey and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
Yield: 10 cups.
Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 65 calories, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: <1 g, Saturated Fat: <1 g, Sodium: 147 mg, Fiber: <1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1/2 very lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.