- 3 cups water
- 1 cup NO YOLKS brand egg noodles (uncooked, dry)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (not thawed)
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill (or 1/2 teaspoon dry dill)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Add egg noodles and cook 8 minutes. Noodles will still be slightly firm, but do not overcook since they will be returned to heat. Drain noodles. Combine noodles and all remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat; cover and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer 5 minutes to complete cooking.
Yield: 2 servings. Serving size: 1 1/4 cups soup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 128 calories, Carbohydrates: 26 g, Protein: 6 g, Fat: 0 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 652 mg, Fiber: 5 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 starch. Carbohydrate choices: 2.
Kathleen Stanley is a Diabetes Educator at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky. She is coauthor of Quick & Easy Diabetic Recipes for One, published by the American Diabetes Association in 2007.