- 2 bags (16 ounces each) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian-style crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound lean stew beef, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) dry onion soup mix
- 2 cubes reduced-sodium beef bouillon
- 1 1/2 cups water
Place all ingredients in a Crock-Pot and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Stir once halfway through, being careful to stir and replace the lid quickly to prevent heat loss.
Yield: 10 1/2 cups. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 167 calories, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Protein: 20 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 328 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 3 vegetable, 2 lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.