Pay a visit to your local farmers’ market to snatch up fresh, in-season ingredients for this cool and refreshing summer soup! Once you’re ready, just combine and chill for peak flavors.
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peperoncinis
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and chill 30 minutes for peak flavors.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 95 calories, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 464 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Fat, 1 1/2 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.