Who says soup has to be hot? This light and creamy low-carb cucumber soup recipe is perfect for relaxing on a warm summer evening. And what’s more, you need only a handful of ingredients to whip up this refreshing dish!
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Sprigs fresh dill (optional)
Place cucumber in food processor; process until finely chopped. Add sour cream, 1/4 cup dill, salt, and white pepper, if desired; process until fairly smooth.
Transfer mixture to large bowl; stir in broth. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Ladle into shallow bowls; garnish with dill sprigs.
Vegan Variation: Substitute dairy-free sour cream for regular. Use only vegetable broth.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 67 calories, Carbohydrates: 6 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 13 mg, Sodium: 236 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Fat, 1 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.