- 1 can (6 1/2 ounces) crabmeat, drained and shredded
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed nearly dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 jar (about 6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Melba toast or whole grain crackers (optional)
Pick out and discard any shell or cartilage from crabmeat. Combine crabmeat, spinach, cream cheese, artichokes, and hot pepper sauce in 1 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover; cook on high 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until heated through, stirring after 1 hour. Serve with melba toast, if desired.
Yield: 10 servings.
Serving size: 1/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 99 calories, Carbohydrates: 3 g, Protein: 6 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 29 mg, Sodium: 295 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Fat, 1 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.