- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus additional for garnish
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper, plus additional for garnish
- Assorted vegetable sticks
Combine pumpkin, 3 tablespoons parsley, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper in food processor or blender; process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to develop.
Sprinkle with additional ground red pepper, if desired. Garnish with additional parsley. Serve with assorted vegetable sticks.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups (about 12 servings).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 38 calories, Carbohydrates: 4 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 101 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.