- 10 reduced-fat whole wheat crackers (such asreduced-fat Triscuits)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon pizza sauce
- 2 1/2 slices (1/2 ounce per slice) Canadian bacon
- 10 thin mushroom slices (about 2 mushrooms)
- 10 pickled banana pepper rings
- 1/4 cup finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Place crackers close together on a microwave-safe dish. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of pizza sauce on top of each cracker. Cut Canadian bacon slices into quarters. (Cut the half-slice in two.) Layer 1 quarter-slice Canadian bacon, 1 banana pepper ring, and 1 mushroom slice on top of each cracker. Sprinkle each evenly with cheese. Microwave uncovered on high for 45–50 seconds, or until cheese melts. Serve hot.
Yield: 10 mini pizzas. Serving size: 2 mini pizzas.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 56 calories, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Protein: 4 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 201 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.