Courtesy of The Paleo Diabetes Diet Solution by Jill Hillhouse and Lisa Cantkier © 2016 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold. Image: Tango Photography.
- Large baking sheet, lined with foil, with a wire rack set on top
- 2 pounds free-range chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Pat chicken dry with paper towels, removing as much moisture as you can. Arrange on the wire rack over the prepared baking sheet, leaving space in between, if possible.
Roast in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, flipping them over halfway through, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper, and salt.
Add wings to the lemon sauce and toss until evenly coated. Serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1/4 of recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 291 calories, Carbohydrates: 2 g, Protein: 27 g, Fat: 20 g, Fiber: 1 g