- 4 1/2 ounces (half a package) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 7 six-inch bamboo skewers
- 14 3/4-inch cubes reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 14 3/4-inch cubes lean ham
- 14 grape (or cherry) tomatoes
- 3/4 cup light Italian dressing
Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Onto each skewer, using a twisting motion, push 1 cheese cube, 1 ham cube, 1 tortellini, and 1 tomato. Repeat, ending with tomato. Place kabobs on a serving dish, drizzle evenly with Italian dressing, and serve. Alternately, the dressing can be served on the side for dipping.
Yield: 7 kabobs. Serving size: 1 kabob.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 129 calories, Carbohydrates: 11 g, Protein: 10 g, Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Sodium: 198 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
Tami Ross is a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.