- 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails intact
- 1 cup finely diced honeydew melon
- 1/2 cup finely diced unpeeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: about 3 to 4 large shrimp with about 1/4 cup salsa.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 132 calories, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Protein: 19 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 175 mg, Sodium: 398 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Fruit, 2 Meat.
To make marinade, combine salsa, 2 tablespoons lime juice, honey, garlic, and hot pepper sauce in small bowl. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Brush shrimp with marinade; set aside.
To make salsa, combine remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, melon, cucumber, parsley, onion, sugar, oil, and salt in medium bowl; mix well.
Grill shrimp over medium coals 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with salsa.