- Cooking spray
- 4 cups pretzel sticks
- 3 cups oyster crackers
- 3 cups reduced-fat baked cheese snack crackers (such as Baked Cheese Nips)
- 5 cups square wheat cereal (such as Wheat Chex)
- 2 cups oat circle cereal (such as Cheerios)
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces
- 2 envelopes (0.5 ounce each) butter-flavored mix (such as Butter Buds)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat a large roasting pan or two 9″ x 13″ pans with cooking spray. Place pretzels, oyster crackers, cheese crackers, square wheat cereal, oat circles, and walnut pieces in the pan(s). Set aside.
Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until combined.
Pour over pretzel mixture and toss well to coat. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring gently every 10–15 minutes. Watch closely for the last 5–10 minutes to prevent burning. Pour out of the pans onto foil to cool.
Yield: 17 3/4 cups. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 215 calories, Carbohydrates: 33 g, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 545 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 2 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.