This salsa is bright, fresh, and has a definite kick to it. Be careful — Anaheim peppers can sting and irritate the skin, so wear rubber gloves when handling them and don’t touch your eyes.
- 1 medium avacado, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup peeled seeded chopped cucumber
- 1 Anaheim pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Combine avocado, onion, cucumber, Anaheim pepper, tomato, 2 tablespoons cilantro, salt and hot pepper sauce into a medium bowl and gently mix. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with additional cilantro.
Yield: 32 servings (about 4 cups). Serving size: 2 tablespoons.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 13 calories, Carbohydrates: 1 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 38 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: Free.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking