- 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons Splenda sweetener
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained (fresh corn cut from the cob may be used)
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) diced green chilies, drained
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, whisk together egg substitute, half-and-half, flour, Splenda, and salt. Stir in corn and chilies. Pour into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Dot with margarine. Bake uncovered 15 minutes, stir, and continue baking another 15–20 minutes, or until pudding is no longer liquid in the center.
Yield: 6 cups. Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 95 calories, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Protein: 4 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: <1 g, Cholesterol: <1 mg, Sodium: 253 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1/2 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
Tami Ross is a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.