- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large zucchini or yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (4 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic, pepper, and salt, if desired; cook 4 to 5 minutes or just until zucchini is tender. Top with basil and cheese.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 50 calories, Carbohydrates: 4 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 2 mg, Sodium: 48 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Fat, 1 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.