- 3 cups water
- 2 cups cubed unpeeled Yukon Gold potatoes (about 12 ounces)
- 10 ounces frozen cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons trans-fat-free margarine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Bring water to a boil in large saucepan. Add potatoes and cauliflower; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Drain vegetables; place in blender with evaporated milk, margarine, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth, scraping side frequently.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 173, Carbohydrates: 25 g, Protein: 4 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 531 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat, 2 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.