- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) blended butter and oil baking sticks
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 6 cups French or sourdough bread cubes, toasted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray shallow 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
Melt butter in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and celery; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in bread cubes, sage, orange peel, salt, and pepper. Slowly stir in broth. Pour into prepared casserole.
Bake 30 minutes or until stuffing is heated through and lightly browned.
Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 180, Carbohydrates: 26 g, Protein: 6 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 470 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.