- 2 bunches kale or Swiss chard (1 to 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
Trim any tough stems from kale. Stack and thinly slice leaves. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chopped kale and broth; cover and simmer 7 minutes. Stir kale; cover and simmer over medium-low heat 8 to 10 minutes or until kale is tender.
Stir in salt, if desired, and pepper. Squeeze wedge of lemon over each serving.
Yield: 8 servings.
Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 50 calories, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 32 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Fat, 2 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.