- 1 package (1 pound, 9 ounces) frozen roll dough
- 3/4 cup finely shredded four-cheese blend (mozzarella, provolone, Romano, and Parmesan) or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cooking spray
Partially thaw dough, then cut each roll into quarters. In a large bowl, stir together remaining ingredients (except cooking spray). Add bread cubes a few at a time and toss well to coat. Transfer coated bread cubes to a Bundt pan coated very well with cooking spray; distribute evenly in pan. Allow bread dough to sit in a warm place and rise until doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake bread for about 20–25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown. If the top begins to get too dark, lay a piece of foil over it. Loosen baked bread from the pan using a dull knife and turn out onto a serving dish.
Yield: 20 servings.
Serving size: 4 pieces (equivalent to 1 roll).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 142 calories, Carbohydrates: 18 g, Protein: 4 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 190 mg, Fiber: <1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.