- 1 medium baking potato, shredded
- 1/2 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced, plus additional for garnish
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Sour cream (optional)
Combine potato, zucchini, 1 green onion, egg white, and flour in medium bowl; mix well. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Drop 1/3 cupfuls mixture into skillet; flatten slightly. Cook 5 minutes per side or until browned. Serve with sour cream, if desired. Garnish with additional green onion.
Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 190 calories, Carbohydrates: 27 g, Protein: 6 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 40 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Carbohydrate choices: 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 starch.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.