- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 medium white or yellow potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup bite-size raw cauliflower florets
- 1 cup bite-size raw broccoli florets
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch coins
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen, cut green beans
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
Bring water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Add the potatoes and cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onion, and frozen green beans. Return water to a boil, cover, and cook 10 to 12 minutes until vegetables are tender. Drain. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Add cooked vegetables. Combine the canned soup and milk. Pour soup mixture over the vegetables, mixing gently. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover and bake casserole for 20 to 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3 to 4 minutes longer, until cheese melts.
Yield: 8 servings.
Serving size: 1/8 recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 190 calories, Carbohydrates: 27 g, Protein: 9 g, Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Sodium: 475 mg, Fiber: 5 g, Calcium: 214 mg
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat. Carbohydrate choices: 2.
This recipe was developed by Angie Sharp, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist at the International Diabetes Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.