- 6 cups water
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen whole green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Bring water to boil in a large saucepan; add green beans and cook about 10 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork (beans should retain their bright green color). Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, green onion, dill, salt, and pepper. Drain cooked beans well. Drizzle dill sauce over the beans and toss gently to coat well.
Yield: 5 cups. Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 43 calories, Carbohydrates: 3 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: <1 g, Sodium: 60 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.