- 10 ounces fresh broccoli crowns, washed and drained
- 2 medium carrots (about 7 inches long), peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup loosely packed golden raisins
- 1/4 cup unsalted, roasted soy nuts
- 1/4 cup fat-free ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons Splenda, No Calorie Sweetener, granular
Coarsely chop broccoli and carrots, then place in a food processor and pulse several times until combined. Add onion and parsley and pulse again. Transfer vegetables to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice, raisins, and nuts, and mix to combine. In a small bowl, stir together dressing and Splenda. Spoon mixture over slaw and mix well. Chill before serving (about 1 hour in refrigerator) for best results.
Yield: 6 servings.
Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 141 calories, Carbohydrates: 29 g, Protein: 4 g, Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 95 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 starch. Carbohydrate choices: 2.
Kathleen Stanley is a Diabetes Educator at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky.