- 2 cups chopped carrots (1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons cranberry or mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted*
1. Place carrots in medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until carrots are tender.
2. Drain carrots; return to saucepan. Add chutney, mustard, and butter; cook and stir over medium heat 2 minutes or until carrots are glazed. Top with pecans just before serving.
*Note. To toast pecans, spread in single layer in heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until nuts are lightly browned, stirring frequently.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 88 calories, Carbohydrates: 11 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 151 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.