- 2 unpeeled tart red apples, such as McIntosh, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons thawed frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Combine apples and lemon juice in large bowl; toss to coat.
Stir apple juice concentrate, mayonnaise, yogurt and paprika in small bowl until smooth and well blended. Add to apple mixture with celery; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Serve salad over lettuce leaves; sprinkle with walnuts.
Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 170 calories, Carbohydrates: 25 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 70 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 fat, 1 1/2 fruit.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.