- 1 1/2 cups penne
- 1 can (12 ounces) water-packed albacore solid white tuna, drained and flaked
- 12 grape (or cherry) tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 5 1/2 cups arugula (or spring mix greens)
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any salt. Drain well, run under cool water, and drain well again.
In a large bowl, combine tuna, tomatoes, olives, green onion, and cooled pasta. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss gently to coat. Spoon 1 cup pasta mixture over 1 cup arugula. Refrigerate leftover pasta separately from arugula. Great as leftovers.
Yield: 5 1/2 cups pasta.
Serving size: 1 cup pasta and 1 cup arugula.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 240 calories, Carbohydrates: 23 g, Protein: 19 g, Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 336 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 2 lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 1 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.