- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon deli-style mustard
- 2 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine 1 tablespoon oil and 1 clove garlic in large bowl; mix well. Add bread cubes; toss to coat evenly. Spread in single layer on baking sheet.
Combine 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1 clove garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in same bowl. Add asparagus and carrot; toss to coat evenly. Spread on separate baking sheet.
Bake bread cubes and vegetables 15 minutes, stirring once. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, combine onion, vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, mustard, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in small bowl; mix well. Add bread cubes and vegetables; gently toss to coat evenly. Top with cheese just before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 173, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 12 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 2 mg, Sodium: 722 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Bread/Starch, 2 Fat, 2 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.