- 1/2 cup canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 12 cups (9 ounces) packed assorted bitter or gourmet salad greens
- 6 small or 4 large ripe pears (about 1 3/4 pounds), cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 ounces blue or Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
Combine cranberry sauce, vinegar, and oil in small bowl; mix well.
Arrange greens on 6 serving plates. Arrange pears over greens; drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Cook’s notes: Be sure to use ripe pears. Forelles and Red Bartletts are particularly well suited for use in this salad.
Yield: 6 servings. Serving size: 1/6 of recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 161, Carbohydrates: 26 g, Protein: 4 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 7 mg, Sodium: 165 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Fat, 2 Fruit.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.