- 4 cups red leaf lettuce torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups Boston or Bibb lettuce torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (cherry tomatoes can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup sliced canned hearts of palm
- 1 cup fat-free herb-seasoned croutons
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Greek vinaigrette dressing
In a large bowl, combine lettuces, tomatoes, and hearts of palm. Right before serving, add croutons, pine nuts, and dressing; toss to coat.
Yield: 8 cups.
Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 90 calories, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 230 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.