- 1/3 of 5-ounce package prewashed, mixed baby salad greens (about 2 cups)
- 2 ounces extra-lean, prepackaged, lower-sodium, deli-sliced ham, chopped
- 10 fresh snow peas, sliced in half
- 1/4 of a medium red or yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits or chunks
- 2 tablespoons fat-free ranch dressing
Combine salad greens, ham, snow peas, pepper strips, and pineapple together. Top with ranch dressing.
Yield: 1 serving.
Serving size: about 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 290 calories, Carbohydrates: 30 g, Protein: 13 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 27 mg, Sodium: 625 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 2.
This recipe was developed by Kathleen Stanley, a diabetes educator at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky.