- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chopped walnuts, toasted*
Whisk maple syrup, mustard, oil, vinegar, and pepper in small bowl until well blended.
Combine greens, pear, green onions, cherries, and walnuts in large serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat.
*Note: To toast walnuts, spread in single layer on baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 5 to 7 minutes or until fragrant, stirring occasionally.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1/4 of total recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 179, Carbohydrates: 29 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 112 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Fat, 1 1/2 Fruit, 1 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.