- 2 cups uncooked gemelli pasta
- 2 cups trimmed halved green beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted*
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat crumbled blue cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Add green beans during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain. Transfer to large bowl.
Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, thyme, mustard, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in medium bowl until smooth and well blended.
Pour dressing over pasta and green beans; toss to coat evenly. Stir in walnuts and cheese. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.**
*Note. To toast walnuts, spread in single layer in heavy-bottomed skillet. Cook over medium heat 1–2 minutes, stirring frequently, until nuts are lightly browned. Remove from skillet immediately. Cool before using.
**Note. If serving cold, stir walnuts into salad just before serving.
Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 231, Carbohydrates: 25 g, Protein: 7 g, Fat: 12 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 4 mg, Sodium: 119 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 bread/starch, 2 fat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.