- 1 cup canned Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomato halves
- 1 cup 1/2-inch diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Combine beans, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and cilantro in large bowl.
Whisk oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper in small bowl. Pour over salad and mix gently.
*Note. Always be sure to rinse and drain canned beans. Rinsing and draining can eliminate up to 40% of the sodium in canned beans.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 119, Carbohydrates: 17 g, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 291 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat, 1 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.