- 6 cups (about 12 ounces) cooked penne pasta
- 2 cups shredded cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed reduced-fat reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Combine pasta, chicken, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, olives, red pepper flakes and salt in large bowl; toss lightly.
Combine soup and lemon juice in small bowl; mix well. Pour soup mixture over pasta salad; mix well.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley.
Yield: 8 servings.
Serving size: 1 1/4 cups salad.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 286 calories, Carbohydrates: 33 g, Protein: 18 g, Fat: 10 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 36 mg, Sodium: 886 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat, 2 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.