- 1 can (15 ounces) low-sodium corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 1 small chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped (increase to 2 peppers for a hotter salad)
- 1 medium (3-inch diameter) red or green tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery (stalks and leaves)
- Dash of salt
Rinse and drain corn and beans. Place in a small bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir well. This salad can also be used as a salsa to top hamburgers, omelets, and grilled meats or fish.
Yield: 4 cups. Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 100 calories, Carbohydrates: 20 g, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 0 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 48 mg, Fiber: 5 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1/2 lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.