- 3 cups romaine lettuce, washed and torn into small pieces
- 2 medium grapefruits, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
Place lettuce, grapefruit, avocado, and green onion in salad bowl and toss lightly. In a jar, shake olive oil, vinegar, and cumin together until blended. Pour over salad; toss, and serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings. Serving size: 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 80 calories, Carbohydrates: 9 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 4 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 fruit, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
This recipe was developed by Sharon Palmer, a registered dietitian and freelance writer.