- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced
- 3 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges in juice, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 red apple, cubed
- 1 nine-inch banana, sliced
- Artificial sweetener (optional)
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss to mix. Sweeten to taste with artificial sweetener, if desired. If not serving immediately, wait and add apple and banana at serving time.
Yield: 12 cups. Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 45 calories, Carbohydrates: 9 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: <1 g, Sodium: 6 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 fruit. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.