- 3/4 pound chicken tenders
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 cups shredded stemmed spinach
- 2 cups washed and torn romaine lettuce
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 8 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Assorted fresh greens (optional)
Cut chicken into 2×1/2-inch strips. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet.
Divide spinach, lettuce, grapefruit, onion, cheese and chicken among 4 salad plates. Combine citrus blend concentrate and Italian dressing in small bowl; drizzle over salads.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 2 cups salad.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 218 calories, Carbohydrates: 4 g, Protein: 23 g, Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 55 mg, Sodium: 361 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Fruit, 2 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.