- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan halves, divided
- 6 cups Romaine or Boston lettuce leaves
For dressing, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, curry powder, and ginger in small bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
For salad, place chicken in medium bowl. Add celery and onion. Toss with dressing to mix.
Peel and seed cantaloupe; cut half into small cubes and half into 8 wedges for garnish. Add cantaloupe cubes and 1/4 cup pecans to salad; toss lightly to mix.
Line plates with lettuce leaves. Mound chicken mixture in center. Garnish with cantaloupe wedges and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Tip: To toast pecans, spread nuts out on a baking sheet. Bake in a 350°F oven 5 minutes or until fragrant and lightly toasted, taking care not to burn.
Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 413, Carbohydrates: 27 g, Protein: 44 g, Fat: 14 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 108 mg, Sodium: 382 mg, Fiber: 5 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 1 Fruit, 5 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.