- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 large head Bibb lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1 small Red Delicious or other red apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
Place walnuts in small skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until fragrant and lightly toasted. Transfer to plate to cool.
Whisk vinegar, oil, honey, salt, and pepper in small bowl until well blended. Stir in cheese.
Divide lettuce and apples evenly among 4 plates. Drizzle dressing evenly over each salad; top with walnuts.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1/4 of total recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 147 calories, Carbohydrates: 18 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 3 mg, Sodium: 207 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Fat, 1 Fruit, 1 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.