- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt or fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning salt
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or olive oil, divided
- Lemon wedges (optional)
For sauce, stir together cucumber, yogurt, dill, and lemon-pepper seasoning. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
In mixing bowl combine carrots, onion, celery, mayonnaise, and mustard. Stir in 1/2 cup panko. Add tuna and mix until combined.
Place remaining panko in shallow dish. Shape tuna mixture into 5 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Dip patties in panko, lightly coating.
In 10-inch nonstick skillet heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Add patties. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to skillet when patties are turned. Serve with yogurt mixture and garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Tip: To reduce the sodium in this recipe, use salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning blend that has no sodium.
Yield: 5 servings.
Serving size: 1 tuna cake and 2 tablespoons sauce per serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 187 calories, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Protein: 13 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 25 mg, Sodium: 654 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Fat, 2 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.