- 4 ounces uncooked whole grain rotini pasta
- 8 ounces small shrimp (with tails), peeled
- 4 ounces asparagus spears, trimmed and broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup light olive oil vinaigrette
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add shrimp during last 4 minutes of cooking. Add asparagus during last 3 minutes of cooking; cook until shrimp are pink and opaque. Drain and return to saucepan.
Add tomatoes, vinaigrette, garlic, and rosemary. Toss until well blended. Stir in basil and Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 230 calories, Carbohydrates: 27 g, Protein: 16 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 76 mg, Sodium: 766 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 bread/starch, 1 fat, 1 meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.