- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 package (9 ounces) low-fat fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Combine tomatoes and hot water in a small bowl; allow tomatoes to soak for 15 minutes. Drain and finely chop the tomatoes. Set aside. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Add the garlic, pepper, and oregano, sautéing 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in zucchini and sauté an additional 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and keep mixture warm. Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain. Mix in warm tomato mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1/4 recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 185 calories, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Sodium: 260 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Angie Sharp, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist at the International Diabetes Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.