Make the most of the seasonal ingredients beginning to fill up your kitchen with this pilaf recipe. A delicious addition to any autumn meal, this simple side dish requires just a few simple ingredients tossed together with some herbs and oil.
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice or bulgur
- 1 1/2 ounces pine nuts or slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 ounces spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Place hot rice in large bowl, add remaining ingredients and toss gently, yet thoroughly until spinach is slightly wilted.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.