- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 8 ounces (about 2 1/2 cups) snow peas, steamed and cut in half, if large
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill weed, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Place quinoa in fine-mesh strainer; rinse well under cold running water. Bring 1 cup water to a boil in small saucepan; stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and set aside to cool.
Fluff quinoa again and place in serving bowl. Add shrimp, snow peas, dill weed, and chives. Toss gently, but well.
Combine orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a cup. Pour over salad. Toss gently, but well. Garnish with dill.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 1/4 cups per serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.