- 1/2 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 chunks canned pineapple
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup prepared chili sauce
Combine shrimp, juice, and garlic powder in medium bowl; toss to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Drain shrimp; discard marinade.
Alternately thread pineapple, pepper, and shrimp onto 4 (10-inch) skewers. Brush with chili sauce. Grill 4 inches from heat 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once and basting with chili sauce.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 kabob.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 100 calories, Carbohydrates: 14 g, Protein: 10 g, Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 87 mg, Sodium: 302 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Fruit, 1 Vegetable, 1 Lean Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.